Workplace ethics are a set of morals based on hard work and attentiveness. They are a set of ethics that any employee must have. This includes general manners, dining manners, etiquettes, the way to talk and the correct way to interact with fellows. Workplace ethics also include moral cleanliness, loyalty, honesty and other similar qualities that display a person’s character and help others decide whether he has any work ethics or not. Many great writers and poets have written about work ethics. Workplace ethics must be followed by both employer and employee. Some of the important ethics an employee/employer should maintain at their workplace are:
- Should not be arrogant, brash or proud
- Occupational health and safety
- Avoidance of racism, harassment or discrimination
- Environmental protection
- Business ambitions and goals (the person should have a dream and goal for which they should also have a time limit in which they have to achieve the goal)
- Political activity
- Friendliness (he should interact politely)
- Responsible business practice (prohibitions on bribery, gift giving, favoritism and self-dealing)
- Avoidance of leg-pulling, back-biting and back stabbing (or any act which is morally wrong)
- Community religions
- Truth in advertising
- No human rights violation
- Awareness raising
- Keep a balance between frankness and openness on one hand and discretion on the other
- Protection of one’s secrets from disclosure
- To keep others safe from your hands and tongue
- External communications to shareholders, clients, and the public
- A clean morale
- Avoidance of criticizing one in any regard especially a religious regard
This was a part of the ever growing set of workplace ethics which should be followed in workplaces around the world. The people who do not follow these ethics and do not make them a part of their lifestyle are both morally and religiously doing wrong. These ethics are considered a part of the common workplace and everyone should abide by them and those who do not should receive consequences. The employees who follow workplace ethics should also be preferred for transfers promotions, commissions etc. A haphazard workplace is a workplace where no one follows these ethics and no power is there to enforce them. In this kind of environment, the deserving do not get extra attractions whereas the people who well deserve to be fired are given multiple bonuses and promotions.
Different seminars and training sessions are being held worldwide every month to spread the awareness of these ethics to both employees and employers. The employees/employers who attend these seminars and workshops are suggested to implement these ethics and make them a part of their workplace to ensure a better working environment. In conclusion, workplace ethics are an important part of our working environment and should be implemented in workplaces in the whole world so that employees and employers can be provided with a better working environment and the safety of their morale can be ensured.
What do you think about workplace ethics? Do you think workplace ethics should be implemented in workplaces around the world? What are your thoughts? Do tell us!Do You Like This Post?